MathJax

Friday, February 10, 2012

My Diet: Week 2

Friday, February 10, 2012


 I weighed in this morning at 172.6 which felt pretty good.  Some of my facebook followers have asked how I'm doing it.  It really isn't a big secret.  Let me put it bluntly.

If you want to lose a significant amount of weight in a short amount of time, you need to get it in your head that you are about to do the hardest thing you will ever do in your life.  You need to make a few drastic changes to your life style, and also a few other gradual changes to your lifestyle.  Other than that, the idea of losing weight is simple.  Eat less, and exercise more.  But remember, this is going to be the hardest thing you will ever do in your life.  Are you ready for the hardest thing you've ever done in your life?  If not, don't even try.  You may succeed at losing a few pounds that may stay away for a while.  But they'll be back.  And soon.

Here has been my day-to-day activity:
Friday, 1/27: Strength workout with a 20 minute run.
Saturday, 1/28: 40:38 Spin Workout at a 168 heart rate average (hra)
Sunday, 1/29: 30min run at a 158 hra
Monday, 1/30: Strength workout and 10 minute run at 8 min/mile pace (173 hra)
Tuesday, 1/31: 2 games of B-ball
Wednesday, 2/1: Swim workout consisting of 43 laps (2150 yards), 50min Spin (154 hra)
Thursday, 2/2: 2 games of B-ball
Friday, 2/3: Strength Workout, 44min run (154 hra)
Saturday, 2/4: 31min spin (154 hra)
Sunday, 2/5: 1:04:28 run (157 hra)
Monday, 2/6: Strength Workout, 22 min Plyometrics and short run, (156 hra)
Tuesday, 2/7: 2 Games of B-ball
Wednesday, 2/8: Swim workout consisting of 44 laps, 40min Spin (157 hra)
Thursday, 2/9: 2 Games of B-ball
Friday, 2/10: Strength Workout


Over this time period, I slowly began decreasing the portions that I ate at meals, and began eating 5 times a day.  The 10:00 and 3:00 snack usually is an apple, and 2/3 cup of trail mix respectively.  And yes, I measure the 2/3 cup out.  I'm now at a point that my stomach has shrank in size and I get full with less food.  If Erin cooks a meal and it advertises "makes 4 servings," then we divide it into 4 servings and only eat one serving, saving the others for the next day's lunch. 


It hasn't been easy.  In fact, it is very difficult.  But that is what I do.  To help me stick with it, I post my weight to give me extra incentive.  It has worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment